Registries wishing to request match lists and service requests (typing, requests for workup etc), please contact ABMDR. NZBMDR can be contacted directly for information on how requests are proceeding. All workup and transport issues are communicated directly with the NZBMDR.
These guidelines have been developed by the New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry based on the World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) standards. The intent of these guidelines is to regulate the operation of the registry and all its associated bodies.
The NZ Bone Marrow Donor Registry was accredited by WMDA in May 2006 for providing sufficient documentation to demonstrate that the registry is committed to follow WMDA standards in the following categories.
- Introduction to NZBMDR Standards
- Criteria for Centre Accreditation
- Areas of Responsibility
- Donor Recruitment, Enrolment & Information
- Tissue Typing Standards
- Infectious Disease Markers
- Process for Donor Identification in Cord Blood or Bone Marrow Donor Registries
- Fee Structure & Billing
- Process for an Unrelated Stem Cell Donor Work-Up & Identification of Cord Blood Units
- Tissue Repository
- Collection of Bone Marrow
- Collection of G-CSF Mobilised Peripheral Blood Stem Cells
- Second or Subsequent Donation of Bone Marrow, G-CSF Stimulated Peripheral Blood Stem Cells or Donor Lymphocytes
- Courier Manual Policies & Procedures for Couriers of Haemopoietic Stem Cells
- Stem Cell Donor Retirement and Follow-Up
- Donor Expenses & Insurance
- Public Relations & Confidentiality
- Scientific Research & Publications
- Cryopreservation of Marrow
- Document & Record Control