Terms and conditions
The New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry (NZBMDR) understands the importance the community places on the preservation of confidentiality of individuals’ private and/or sensitive information. As a result, the NZBMDR is bound by, and fully committed to supporting the Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1993. The Act sets out guidelines which control how organisations should treat personal and/or sensitive information they collect, use, handle or store.
Personal information collected from this website will be held by NZBMDR. The NZBMDR will not sell, exchange, or release personal information about an individual for commercial gain. In accordance with the legislation, the NZBMDR takes reasonable steps to make sure that personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The NZBMDR also takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This website collects personally identifiable information only if you voluntarily submit it. The information will only be used for the primary purpose for which it was submitted. On some pages, you can update your contact information, order materials, join the registry, ask a question or submit other requests. The personal information collected on these pages is your name and contact information. In some cases, you may submit additional information as needed to complete your request. All information submitted to the NZBMDR via the Update Your Details information form will be updated and retained on the NZ Registry by the NZBMDR Executive Officer. When you submit other requests, such as requests for promotional resources through the Contact Us page, the NZBMDR will use your name and contact information for the sole purpose of completing your request.
When you join the Registry your tissue type, age, sex and ethnicity are entered onto the Register with an identifying numerical code. Only appropriate medical details and your numerical code are released to the searches of worldwide registries. If you agree to donate, only appropriate medical details will be passed onto the transplant team involved. Your personal details will not be divulged to anyone outside the NZBMDR without your written consent.
If you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, please contact NZBMDR at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 800 256.
All design elements, code, and contents of this website are the property of the New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry (NZBMDR), or the copyright holder as indicated. Content over which the NZBMDR holds copyright may be reproduced in any medium for personal use without requiring specific permission, subject to the content being reproduced accurately and not being used in a misleading way. The source and copyright status must be acknowledged.
Content on this website which is not owned by the NZBMDR must not be reproduced without permission from the copyright owner.
Information on the New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry (NZBMDR) website about treatments and general matters has been collated and edited by the NZBMDR. The NZBMDR makes every effort to ensure the information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible; however, the NZBMDR does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. At all times you should discuss the information on this website, or from any other source, with your doctor or health team. The materials and discussions presented here are for informational purposes only. Treatment options or donation procedures should be determined on an individual case-by-case basis by his or her treating doctor, if transplant or donation is being considered as an option.
- By accessing or using the New Zealand Bone Marrow Donor Registry (NZBMDR) website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
- We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph.
- The NZBMDR makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access other websites you understand that it is independent from the NZBMDR and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. The NZBMDR does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of any website you link to. The NZBMDR shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be caused, by, or in, connection with use of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on, or through, any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator.
- We will try to ensure our website is available and accessible but cannot guarantee that it will operate continuously, or without interruptions, or be error-free, and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website. In particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router, or any other internet-connected device.